Sunday 29 September 2013

Yes, I'm 'FAT'

So there you go, I accept it.
I'm fat and no matter how many  people tell me I'm not, I just won't believe it.
I'll take your compliment (the one I never asked for) and I'll just thank you (even though I see no problem what-so-ever with being 'FAT')

I'm fat and I'm not ashamed of it. And no this is not a way to fish for compliments, I do this simply because I accept my body with it's each and every single flaw. And no, this doesn't mean that I have never been unhappy with it. Ofcourse I have! My thighs are always going to be BIG and my stomach will always look ugly to me. I'll look at myself and I'll point out a million things I'd love to change about myself but I'm not the kind that'll turn to you and bring you down for no rhyme or reason just because of my insecurities. 
No, my parents raised me better than that.
So instead of going on and crying or saying nasty things to you, I'll be the lady my parents raised me to be (don't think I can't fight though, I have three brothers who I have learned to torture since the day I was born) and I'll take the insults and compliments as they come and maybe I'll also crack a joke or two about myself because the words of spineless imbeciles can't harm me and they shouldn't hurt you either.

So now if you want to say that all I can do is stuff my face with chocolate cake then yes, if I was given this great opportunity, I'd take it. If you want to crack other jokes about me then go ahead, I'll laugh with you. I'd wonder wether or not your brain was wired properly but I'd laugh with you because the joke is on you :)

When I was younger (a pre-teen), I was ashamed of myself. 
All those changes in your body and all.. They just mess with your head and make you feel like a misfit.
Every girl had the 'perfect' tiny body and me? I was just BIG and awkward. And now I look back and think about what a big idiot I was! All of that stupidity I did, skipping meals, crying and hating myself. It just wasn't worth it. I'm still the same. I still am BIG and awkward. Girls around me still have 'perfect' bodies but as I've grown up, I've become a slight bit more mature. I've learnt to love myself and my imperfections. I've learnt to accept my body and my shortcomings. What I mean to say is.. It doesn't really matter whether you are 'FAT' or 'SKINNY' since we will never really be perfect to ourselves or to others but we need to come in terms with our body and it's imperfections. We have to stop giving in to people and their venemous words. We simply need to stop trying so hard.

This post goes out to everyone. To anyone who has ever felt inadequate or unattractive.

Stop being at war with yourself. START LIVING LIFE, ACCEPT YOURSELF and be HAPPY :)

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely right. Thanks for writing this because I've always felt unattractive. I feel like all my friends and sister are so beautiful and no guy even gives me a second glance. What I realised after reading this was that I need to accept myself before I can accept others and others can accept me :) thank you for making me realise that.

    ReplyDelete